  The towhee continues to be a regular visitor  to feeders.  Times seen range from about 8:00 to 10:00 am, once seen at 11:00 am. I'm not usually around in the afternoon, but it has been seen in my yard in the afternoon.
      About  12:30 pm today, I walked down the Grant trail from the Sappington parking lot to the area behind my home where it "hangs out".   After a few minutes, I saw it fly from  a large tangle to underbrush and sort of bury into leaves.  After a few minutes, it did not come out.
      I tied a red scarf onto part of the large tangle to designate the towhee territory.
      I'm not good at measuring distances, but I counted the large concrete power poles along the south side of the  path from the parking lot to the area.  Between the 6th and 7th power pole  (facing east) is the large tangle on the left.  It was about a 5- 8 minute walk one way.  Today with temps right at freezing and a stiff wind, it was pretty cold.
     Again, I can send directions to my home via e-mail.

  Jane Allen
  St. Louis County