It might be unusual to see robins in St. Louis City in winter (I'm not that
familiar with what is "normal" there), but in many areas of the state they
are common to abundant winter residents. They have more of a tendency to
move into the countryside in winter, but not always. It just depends on
where their principal winter food (berries) are the most common. This year,
however, there are fewer in my part of the state, possibly because of the
late spring freeze and near complete lack of berries used as winter food by
robins. Typically, there are several thousand that roost in the city of
Cape Girardeau in winter, but not this year.

----Bill Eddleman, Cape Girardeau