Visited Riverlands at midday and was happy to see the Juv Iceland Gull 1st off
down on the ice to the Sw of the Dam, there were also at least 5 other very
large young gulls, 2 at least were Great Black Backs but unfortunately whilst I
was watching them a couple came up by the dam with their dogs out walked
out onto the rocky "walkway"that goes out into Ellis bay and frightened them
all away.After checking my photo's though, there was a possitive Iceland and
2 G/B's at least and a possible Glaucous plus a Lesser Black Back minding it's
own business way out on the ice 'till the dogs disturbed it.
Also saw Canvasbacks,Pie Bill Grebes, Am. Kestral, Trumpeter Swans and a
single Tundra plus many many Eagles and more eagle watchers than I've ever
seen up there at one time. 1st time I've had to queue up to see the birds
there.
There were about 20 people on the observation deck by the visitor centre all
so busy watching the Eagles they didn't notive a beautiful male Kestral sitting
in the trees right by them watching the Eagle watchers.