     Well after leaving the warmth of southeast Arizona for the cold (yes, I consider this cold) of St. Louis a few days ago I've been able to get a few places locally.  The Winfield Lock and Dam 25 has been the center point of my travels with not too much there of note but some nice birds just the same.  Putting together trips there on the 17th, 18th, and 19th birds have included:

1 Cackling Goose on the 19th
84 American White Pelicans on the 19th
5 Double-crested Cormorants on the 17th
1 Merlin on the 19th
5 Least Sandpipers and 7 Wilson's Snipes on the 19th
2000+ Ring-billed Gulls with a few Herring Gulls mixed in
1 Short-eared Owl on the 19th
30 Lapland Longspurs on the 17th and 18th

     On the 18th Eric and I spent the day doing some scouting for the upcoming Clarence Cannon NWR CBC where we found a few Pine Siskins at Red's Landing WMA in Calhoun County, IL, and some ducks, coots, and grebes at the Kings Lake unit of BK Leach CA.

     Which leads me into my final part of this email which is a reminder that the Clarence Cannon NWR CBC will be held next Thursday, the 27th.  We still need people to cover the circle as well as possible so anybody out there that would like to help please contact us ASAP.

Scott Schuette
Troy, MO / Tucson, AZ