Scott-

Your RT Hawk is not the only hungry,  unsuccessful raptor at Lake
Jacomo.   Yesterday we watched an immature Sharp-shinned Hawk from
the BAS Library windows.   He so telegraphed his presence,  that all
the feeders were empty for a good 10 minutes before he finally flew
into view.   Then he allowed himself to be routed not once,  but
three times in a row from the same tree by a squirrel.   I've never
seen a "furry bird" run at a hawk before, much less get the best of
him over and over.   Its certainly the first time I have EVER rooted
for a squirrel to win.    However, I felt a bit guilty as he flew off
without even seeing a bird to strike at.   Anne commented that the
Sharpie was so small,  she doubted that he would live thru the
winter.  (especially if his hunting skills didn't improve drastically. )

Linda Byrd
Independence, MO