There are a lot of challenges facing our environment, including the birds we
all love and appreciate.  If we are going to have any success at all in
facing these challenges it is very important we, each in our own way, work
with and encourage other people to be players in what ever way or
organization they are comfortable with.

It is not helpful to someone, who obviously has a keen interest in our
birder universe, that they have to sort through negative statements and
innuendo based on organizational biases.  There are a lot of great birder
community people in this state that belong to many organization, within the
State and without, and some that are not joiners of anything.  I have met
many, and know many well.  If you love and enjoy birding try participating
wherever you are comfortable, and for reasons you respect.  Actually, you
will probably find reason to even hug most of us, even if we can be snarly
from time to time.

Charley Burwick
Greater Ozarks Audubon
Greene County