ILLINOIS birds:

FYI......
There were at least three reports of SNOW BUNTINGS (SNBU) on the Clinton
Co./Carlyle Lake, IL CBC on Tuesday.
One report was described below:
"I don't know exactly where the others were, but they made it sound like one
set of Buntings were on the road from Huey toward Morning Glory access.
Again, the birds were on a stripe of Manure going away from the road. I
think the other set were somewhere near Boulder."

From my experience, Emerald Road (off of Hwy 127 North on the way to
Tamalco) often is a good road to look for longspurs and Snow buntings
because the farmers fertilize their fields with manure.
Any field with manure stripes should be looked over.

A COMMON REDPOLL (CORE) was also reported on the count as well.
It was at the Boulder Campground in sweet gum trees with a mixed flock of
goldfinches, Pine Siskins and Purple Finches.

Be on the lookout for these species on both sides in the St. Louis
area...and the rest of MO.

Good holidays,
Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.