Spent today working around the house (with one eye on the feeders and yard). We still have Chipping Sparrows foraging around in the yard - not really sure if that's news. According to ASM's guide, the frequency guide shows Chips vacating at the beginning of November. This morning, I mentioned to my wife how it seems that the House Sparrows are steadily increasing in numbers at our feeders. As if in answer to my statement, at 10:50 a.m. the House Sparrow count is 50+ minus 1. I looked out just as a juv. Cooper's Hawk caught and pinned one to the ground. Oddly, the hawk simply stood on top of the dead sparrow for 55 minutes (as I checked back periodically) before it began to feast. Maybe it was "Giving Thanks"?! Most evenings at around 4 pm, a large (2000-3000) mixed blackbird flock flies to one of the neighboring fields. Tonight was no different. A flock landed in the field behind the house, but there appeared to be a pigeon in the flock. Closer inspection revealed a partially leusistic Common Grackle that had white wings and tail feathers. And, of course, with all the racquet that a large blackbird flock makes, the Cooper's Hawk made another appearance (providing it was the same one) - only this time, it lazily glided by sending the flock into an expected frenzy.Good Birding!  Chris Barrigarhttp://community.webshots.com/user/photosbychris  http://community.webshots.com/user/photosbychris1