From: Keith Mcmullen
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2007 5:26 PM
Subject: IBET LITTLE GULL, Carlyle Sewage Ponds, SUN, 11-15

Hi Everyone:

Having just returned from a week in Pensacola, FL visiting relatives it was
nice to learn of some of the local rarities. My target was LITTLE GULL at
the Carlyle Sewage Treatment facility and I was not disappointed. I arrived
around 11 AM and Jackie Chain was already there. It took us about 5 minutes
to locate the bird and then another 15 or so after they had flushed and
reassembled themselves on the sewage ponds. Nice adult bird!

I then bumped into Dan Kassebaum at Point 18 (South Shore S.P.) but the rain
was coming down harder and the scoping of the lake even more difficult. My
estimation was 8000 ducks, mainly dabblers, but I did see a few COMMON
GOLDENEYE and RED-BREASTED MERGANSERS and a few COMMON LOON.

Dan also mentioned the GLAUCOUS-WINGED GULL was sitting on top of 1 of the
small buildings, on top of the Main Dam earlier in the AM. I checked the
spillway, the dam and the beach and boat ramp areas around 12:30 and did NOT
relocate the GW GULL.

All in all, a pretty soggy day and they say tomorrow will be worse and maybe
even changing to snow!

Welcome to winter and good birdings to all!

Keith McMullen
O'Fallon, IL

* *
* To access the Audubon Society of Missouri Web *
* Site: http://mobirds.org *