Friends,
      Took a few short trips out to Bradford Farms  over the holidays.
First, I had some great views of a very cooperative  Sharp-Shinned Hawk.  Here are
some pics:
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/89377441
 http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/89419141
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/89377440
Co-incidentally, exactly two years ago I too similar pictures of  a
Sharp-Shinned on exactly the same date perched on exactly the same  pole!  I also found
a juvenile Sharp-Shinned hunting in the fields.
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/89419142
    I also managed some fair pictures of a Kestral  couple hunting
grasshoppers, and managed a few shots of the couple and the  dinner.
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/89377437
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/89377438
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/89377436
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/89377439
    And there were the Longspurs:
    http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/89325670
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/89325671
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/89325673
    And a Red-Shouldered Hawk on the drive out:
http://www.pbase.com/mobish/image/89325668
    The most surprising sighting of the weekend for me  was provided by three
Bald Eagles at Bradford Farms on Saturday.  I've  never seen Eagles at
Bradford Farms.  At about 9 a.m., there was a  beautiful adult eagle perched on a
tree south of the Bradford Farms  property.  A few minutes later, two huge
juveniles landed in a field at  Bradford Farms...making the usual Harriers look
small!  I enjoyed good  scope views, but they were too far away for decent photos.
    (if you have trouble accessing any of the photo  links above, simply go
to pbase.com/mobish and click on New Photos.   Thanks, and enjoy.
    Robert Schnase

products.