Spent most of the day Friday birding.  Left O'Fallon and took the back roads
out to John's Boat Harbor and found a Bald Eagle sitting in a tree right
next to the road.  Took Hwy B out to 94 and didn't see much in the way of
birds except a lot of coots in the cornfield ponds and several American
Kestrel.

Once we hit Hwy 94, we saw a couple more Bald Eagles along the road on the
way out to Marais Temp Clair.  On "H", the conservation area was actually
closed due to hunting.  We couldn't get in either of the parking lots;
however, in the low brushy areas on the right side of "H", just past the
Marais Temp Clair building, we found a pocket of Eurasian Tree Sparrows
along with the White-Crowned Sparrows.  I have been fortunate enough to have
a pair of Eurasians coming to my feeders all summer 2006 (none in 2007) so
while I have seen them before, it was still an exciting find.

I was looking for the Buffelheads at Riverlands, but didn't see them.  Here
is the list for the day:

American Kestrel
Dark-eyed Junco
Great Blue Heron