While I observed much this weekend (mostly typical species and representation for this time of year), I saw a flock of 66 <pick up sticks> Cedar Waxwings (CEDW - thanks Edge) on a utility wire East of Marble Hill. My first MO. flock of Cedars! While driving closer to Advance (West of town), I ALMOST hit an adult Bald Eagle that was feasting on fresh roadkill. It was on the other side of a curved hill. Hark! The eagle lives to feast another day.

Duck Hunters on Wappapello seem to have waterfowl scattered. I did see (yesterday) a lone RB Gull there at the reservoir. Yesterday's (11/3) and today's (11/4) findings were added into the cache database, it interested.

Since moving to Missouri, I've had a question that's been burning in my mind with regard to the 4 letter codes, and since it seems to have resurfaced, I'll ask. How does one break down Barred Owl and Barn Owl into code? Both fall into the the three typical codes: BAOW, BARO & BOWL. I might be missing something here?! I believe there are a couple others that are like this, but I can't recall them right now. Being from Michigan (Barn Owls are extirpated there), I hadn't had to worry about writing "BOTH" species down on the same sheet of paper before moving here. It's a nice issue to have!

Good Birding!

Chris Barrigar