Columbia Audubon Society field trip to Thomas Hill Reservoir is
Saturday, November 24 (Thanksgiving weekend).  This late fall trip
has been an annual event for several years, now.  I am field trip
leader for the all-day outing.  All birders are welcome!

We meet at the northeast corner of Patricia's parking lot--the
grocery store off Keene St. in northeast Columbia on the south side
of I-70.  We will leave Patricia's at 8 a.m., carpooling to Thomas
Hill.  We'll use FRS radios for the trip to keep everyone together
and informed.

What we do:
We drive to Huntsville in Randolph Co., where we stop at Casey's
(coffee, donuts, sandwiches AND restroom)

We circumnavigate the reservoir, stopping at vantage points to look
for/at gulls, ducks, loons, grebes and anything else that moves (had
a Snow Bunting a couple of years ago).

We take food to eat, but may stop at a sorta cafe on the northwest
corner of the area, Kaseyville, to warm up, get coffee, get
hamburgers (not the greatest restroom, but good for tales).

After finishing the loop around the lake, we stop at Shepherds just
south of Clifton Hill for decent restroom, opportunity to purchase
frozed bison (comes in many forms--hamburger, steak, roasts, etc.),
and several food products--potential Christmas gifts?.

Return to Columbia will be between 3 and 4 p.m., probably closer to 3.

If you plan to come, please do three things:
a.  email me so I will expect you and have an idea how many
participants we'll have--and how many drivers we'll need, and
b.  DRESS WARMLY--layers!  The wind off the lake is always chilly.
The temps there will be lower than in Columbia.
c.  Bring something to eat AND water to drink.

I'll post a reminder closer to the trip day.

Good birding!

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO