In a message dated 14/11/2007 19:06:09 GMT Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
My understanding is that cognitive therapy has abvidout the same track
record as ADs in the treatment of  clinical depression. "Therapy" is an
ambiguous, being used to label quite different procedures. I tend to see
psychoanalysis as roughly in the same category with Pat Robinson's
theology, but I don't doubt that for the reasons you give _some_
psychoanalytic therapy turns out helpful merely by being another human
to talk to.
- wasn't  for a moment talking about anything like either 'clinical depression' or 'psychoanalysis' and, pardon my ignorance, but what's 'ADs' anyway ?

Regards
Da