Thanks Peter - it looks good. I printed it to read later. Diana> Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:55:49 -0800> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: War and Justice> To: [log in to unmask]> > Mr. Arcularis rides again.> http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,723839,00.html> > Quoting Carrol Cox <[log in to unmask]>:> > > Diana Manister wrote:> > > > > > Carrol and Marcia:> > > > > > It's not that Imagism lacks verbs, but relative to Vorticism it seems> > > static. Further, Vorticism contradicts Imagism's warning to poets to> > > "go in fear of abstractions" as well as its emphasis on the Image as> > > "that which presents an intellectual and emotional complex in an> > > instant of time."> > > > First you gave to give me reason to assume that the polemicizing slogans> > of the moment are something that I should pay any attention to at all in> > reading Pound's poems or in relating them to history (literary or> > otherwise). It seems to me that your concern with those slogans is> > acting as a barrier between you and the poems (and the world of> > 1910-20). Setting these big abstractions against each other takes us off> > on a voyage to Arcturus. And intellectual and emotional complex is> > clearly a tremendously ACTIVE and even violent complex.> > > > Carrol> >