"This afternoon was the colour of water falling through sunlight"

It seems like ages when, as students, we were treated to some
imagist pieces -- dim memories of sun and moon hung like balloons
on a mast -- well, here's a page that'll make us breathe in an imagist
air -- oh! that would be too abstract, I'm sorry.

http://bluehydrangeas.wordpress.com/category/imagism/

CR

Thanks CR. I still find myself mystified by some Imagist poems, not always productively! For example, can anyone tell me what this poem signifies besides the visual image? In addition  of course to displaying Williams' genius with line-breaks. Diana

The Red Wheelbarrow

William Carlos Williams

so much depends

upon