In a message dated 14/11/2007 20:38:46 GMT Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

AD =  Anti-depressant. Prozac, amitriptylene, Wellbutrin, etc. PTSD  often
(usually?) manifests itself in clinical depression, anxiety  disorder,
panic attacks, etc. One never knows what "therapy" refers to,  hence my
inclusion of psychoanalysis in my post. I suspect cognitive  therapy is
one of the more important kinds of therapy for conditions  resulting from
PTSD.

Incidentally, for many of us who suffer from  depression the problem is
not repressed memories but difficulty in  repressing them -- which is
usually highly desirable. One of the more  common effects of depression
is a pathological procrastination, which then  clutters one's life with
blunders, awkwardnesses, minor or major failures,  which in turn (unless
gotten rid of somehow) among other effects can  deprive one of many many
many hours of sleep over the years. One does not  "deal with" such
matters but tries simply forget them.

Very few  therapists today spend any time at all in digging up and
dealing with old  memories, repressed or otherwise.

- surely, this is *chemical* therapy, and not necessarily anything at all  to
do with counselling per se - either  with 'professional'  counselling  or
just 'talking about' what's happened - eg., with  'victim support' as happens
quite a lot as regards crime victims in UK - I  think we're on differing
wavelengths / frequencies  !!!