In a message dated 14/11/2007 19:06:09 GMT Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

My  understanding is that cognitive therapy has abvidout the same track
record  as ADs in the treatment of  clinical depression. "Therapy" is  an
ambiguous, being used to label quite different procedures. I tend to  see
psychoanalysis as roughly in the same category with Pat  Robinson's
theology, but I don't doubt that for the reasons you give  _some_
psychoanalytic therapy turns out helpful merely by being another  human
to talk to.

- wasn't  for a moment talking about anything like either  'clinical
depression' or 'psychoanalysis' and, pardon my ignorance, but what's  'ADs' anyway ?

Regards
Da