From: [log in to unmask]" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Marcia Karp
To: [log in to unmask]" href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 5:56 AM
Subject: Re: Test of Time

What profound affects did you see?

Best,
Marcia

Chokh Raj wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
I recall that my commerce students' slightest exposure  to the classics
affected them (their human consciousness) in a profound manner. An
exclusive pursuit of practical careers, I suppose, might pave the way for
worldly success but, I'm afraid, it leaves much to be desired in the growth
of our human personality.  Reminded of Eliot's teacher, Irving Babbitt's
stress on the classics.

CR

Checked by AVG Free Edition.