Diane:

As I remember your original message you wanted to know if there was any
validity in comparing the objective correlative to Imagism.

I just recalled the following which may or may not have any impact on your
thinking.

"The Return" is an early poem of Pound's and was included by him in "Des
Imagestes".  It is considered an early example of Imagism.  Interestingly
for your inquiry Pound describes this poem as an "Objective Reality"
(Gaudier-Brzeska, 100).  A poem that is an objective reality is a poem that
contains its own reality and has no reality outside itself.  That is the
best I can do from what Pound says an Objective reality is.  Pound compares
the poem as an Objective Reality to Epstein's sculpture "Sun God" and
Gaudier-Brzeska"s "Boy with a Coney".  Note Pound's attempt to compare
various art forms,

As far as I know this is the only reference in Pound's work to an "objective
reality".  It is possibly one of those blind alleys that he started and
never finished for any number of reasons including he just flat abandoned
the idea.

Richard Seddon
Portales, NM