Greetings all....

8 birders met this morning, bright and early, seeking some good birds and good
times. Both tasks were accomplished.

Good birds:
Platte Falls CA, Kansas City area (See Cache for full report):
*Least Flycatcher--1
*Blue-headed Vireo--several; good looks and lifer for one birder!
*Philadelphia Vireo--several; good looks and lifer for another birder!
*Red-breasted Nuthatch--several heard and seen!
*Sedge Wren--2 in tall grasses at Archery Range parking lot.
*Kinglets--1 each Golden-crowned and Ruby-crowned
*Warblers--Tennessee, Nashville, N. Parula, Chestnut-sided, Black and White,
American Redstart, Common Yellowthroat

Good Times:
We spotted a far-far-away, very still bird perched atop a sunflower stalk.
Upon further investigation, I returned to the group with a new bird for our list--
a MODODE (Mourning Dove Decoy), a.k.a. DUDD (darn ugly dove decoy),
complete with complimentary clothespin for attaching him here and there! (It
is dove hunting season.)

Arrgh. We didn't even see a live MODO at Platte Falls this morning. =]

Good birds New Place:
3 of us cruised out to the Weston Bend State Park bike trail afterwards around
noon. The birdiest spot was on the trail (going to the right)--within sight of
parking lot! Now that's what I call convenient birding. We found the following
birds at this spot.

Highlights:
*Yellow-throated Warbler--1 at close range; several looks
*Philadelphia Vireo--2
*Red-breasted Nuthatch--1
*Other Warblers--Tennessee Warbler, Nashville Warbler, Northern Parula,
Magnolia Warbler, American Redstart

Good Birding!
Laura Gilchrist
Kansas City, Platte Co.