There was still plenty of activity this morning at PSP, Linn Co. Saw 12 species of Warblers, including;  Bay-breasted, Blackburnian, Black-throated Green, and Ovenbird. Nashville was most numerous, still several Chesnut-sided too. A Red-headed Horde has descended on the Park again also. Red-headed Woodpeckers were all over - calling, fussing, and chasing each other and some of the other 5 kinds of their kin. Many other birds around as well - Swainson's and Wood Thrush, Summer Tanagers, several Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, many flycatcher, Catbirds, Thrashers, and other usuals. Flocks of Grackles and Swallows going over.Most of this activity was around the parking lot and beginning of the boardwalk. I walked on out to the Wet Praire where there were many Common Yellowthroats, Indigo Buntings, and RW Blackbirds. Found Red-shouldered Hawk, and House, Sedge and Marsh Wrens out there too.

  I drove on down to Swan Lake, Chariton Co, next. Still not much water in Swan Lake Pool, but they are moving water into South Pool, and some of the moist soil units. Soras were thick in some of those areas. I got up about 20 walking the edges of a few places and heard a bunch more. Must be hundreds right now on the refuge. Found FOS Lincoln's Sparrow along one levee, plus a Savannah, and Song Sparrows. Had another possible Swamp Sparrow but couldn't confirm it.Couple of Dickcissels, a Bobolink, and the three Wren species too. Found Marsh Wrens in 3 or 4 other places also. Many Indigos and Yellowthroats in the weedy fields. Heard a Red-breasted Nuthatch calling from an Oak Tree.Saw Northern Harrier, Red -shouldered Hawk, and a Peregrine. Only shorebirds I saw besides Killdeer were the expected Spotted Sanpipers along Silver Lake. Only waders were a few GB Herons and ONLY Duck I saw was a female Northern Shoveler!

   Hope there is alot more water in Swan Pool by Oct 14 for the Big Sit!

  Later, Steve Kinder
  Chillicothe