Well, I started out for Mexico, MO, via US 63, planning to go east at
Hwy. 22.  Daydreamed right past it--didn't realize it until almost to
Moberly.  Took it as a sign.  Went east on Hwy 24, birded a little in
Monroe Co., then north into Shelby Co.

Went to Arrow-wood Access on Hwy. 15 (Salt River).  There is a semi-
decent fisherman's path heading downstream from the parking area.  I
thought it might be birdy.  NADA--2 Red-bellies and 3 cardinals.
Back at the car I was reaching for the door handle (it was just past
noon) when I saw something fly across the road and heard a couple of
cheeps.

Birds started streaming across the road.  I couldn't focus fast
enough.  It was like a tropical feeding flock.  There were birds
everywhere and there were several species.  It was frustrating and
challenging.  I was really wishing for more people and more eyes.
They took a route into the trees that I realized was paralleling the
path, so I went back down it.

I know my counts are very conservative and I know there were many
birds I never got good looks at.
In the foraging flock that I got good looks at:

Red-eyed Vireo 5
Philadelphia Vireo 3
Yellow-throated Vireo 2
Tennessee Warbler 9
Nashville Warbler 1
Black-throated Green Warbler 2
Chestnut-sided Warbler 6
Canada Warbler 1
Golden-winged Warbler 1
Black and White Warbler 3
Blackburnian Warbler 1
Pine Warbler 1
Bay-breasted Warbler 1
American Redstart 1
Wilson's Warbler 1
Swainson's Thrush 1
Rose-breasted Grosbeak 2
Black-capped Chickadee 2
Downy Woodpecker 2
Least Flycatcher 1
Gray Catbird 2
(2 incognito impids)

This and other sites will be on CACHE later.

Edge Wade
Columbia