Not sure what is on the ASM site now. It may need updating.

Link I use for Nexrad is below:
http://www.intellicast.com/National/Nexrad/BaseReflectivity.aspx
Description below the US map says that is updated every 5-10 minutes.

Click on the desired city.
Trouble is that is has to be in "Clear Mode" for the most sensitivity.
All of MO is in Precipitation mode tonight, not as sensitive.
Check down in Brownsville, TX for a nice Clear Mode picture.

Answers to FAQs about Radar from  www.wunderground.com
http://www.wunderground.com/radar/help.asp

NOAA answers some of the same questions:
http://weather.noaa.gov/radar/radinfo/radinfo.html

As it pertains to bird migration:
http://www.bbbo.org/research/radar.html

http://www.derbyhill.org/DHBO/Radar.html