PSA #2
PLENTY of mudflats still at Riverlands and Alta Villa.

Riverlands MBS, St. Charles co.
Observers noted when known. I did NOT see all of these birds.
Highlights:
- Large flight of AW Pelicans,. had to be over a thousand at the end of the
day.
- large increase in waders too, so might be a good place to check out in the
evening for
those stray Wood Storks.
- ~ 35 BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPERs - kept finding more and more in the semi-dry
mud in
Ellis Bay across from Heron Pond to the Dam. .
- one molting Amer. Golden Plover (thought I might have had a larger billed
bird at Linc. Shields
but not sure. Views were into the setting sun.)
- 2 WILLETS - reported by Bormann and Rogles,  ~ across from Fisca station
They also had BAIRD'S SANDPIPERS too.
- one RUDDY TURNSTONE - reported by Joe Eades, ~ out from the observation
tower
- SANDERLING - Jack Cowan.
Short-billed dowitchers, Stilt Sandpipers, Solitary, Greater and Lesser
Yellowlegs, Killdeer,
Semi-palmated Sandpipers and Plovers, Leasts, Pects, Spotties. Would not
doubt that there
were some Westerns there as many peeps were in the area toward sunset.

When I was observing the birds, noted that all the shorebirds were rather
flighty with many
hiding near or under rocks. Even the Pelicans were spooked into flight at
one point (thought it was
my hacking cough - &^% coal burning power plants - or the gunplay going on
at the hunt club and private property behind Heron Pond).
Also looked for raptors, but did not see anything until TWO PEREGRINE
FALCONS swooped
right in front of me as they went after the shorebirds that were dumb enough
to be out in the open.
(right after you left Jack)
One bird was the much larger, darker immature that been seen recently and
the other was an adult.
Pretty cool to watch them hunt in tandem.

Gull numbers higher (nothing obviously different)
tern numbers lower (only a few Caspian could be picked out)
Duck numbers up too.

Alta Villa Road (end of). nothing too exciting. Fewer birds there.

That's all I can remember right now.....brain empty.
Tired and need a break from the PSAs for a while.

Good birding,
Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.