> 	soliciting any and all pop culture references to Eliot or his
> 	work in an attempt to “prove” his relevance, specifically to a
> 	high school audience.  Any and all assistance would be
> 	appreciated.  If you have any other questions about my project,
> 	or suggestions in any other areas, feel free to drop me a line.

A cracking chance to plug the mighty The Sisters of Mercy (more pop
counterculture than pop culture, perhaps, but nonetheless...)

From 'Valentine'
(http://www.lyricsdownload.com/sisters-of-mercy-valentine-lyrics.html):

The razor bites and the shriek subsides
He arches clutching at his sides
Across the floor across the tiles
The man is dead and the razor smiles
A shiny love song a quick incision
Cut him down on television

From '(Amphetamine) logic':

Watch them do / The falling over
Watch them do / The standing still
Nothing but the knife to live for / One life, all I need
Give me one good reason / Give me more Speed

(Women) And the women come and go
(Talk) Talking about me like they know

From 'Mother Russia'
(http://www.thesistersofmercy.com/lyrics/dominion.htm):

we serve an old man in a dry season
a lighthouse keeper in the desert sun
dreamers of sleepers and white treason
we dream of rain and the history of the gun

--George