What are the odds of finding and oven bird in down town Kansas City near 12th street?
We attendeded a wedding this week end at the Immaculate Conception Cathedral, and across the street south from it is a big brick building with a wall of tall windows on the east side.
  My husband's nephew mentioned he had spotted a bird that he couldn't identify, probably a window kill;  and he said the bird was olive green with a spotted breast. My husband and I went to look after the ceremony and there it was on the window sill; my first thought was a water thrush  and it was too small for that so after consulting an old Aubudon guide that I keep in the car confirmed it was an oven bird.
Fogive the length of this but I wanted you to get the feel of the event.
Jan Neale
El Dorado Springs, MO
Cedar County (southwest missouri)