Passing this along.  Seems a good idea for birders who are often far
from home.

We all carry our mobile phones with names & numbers stored in its
memory but nobody, other than ourselves, knows which of these numbers
belong to our closest family or friends.  If we were to be  involved
in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending us would have
our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to call.  Yes, there are
hundreds of numbers stored but which one is the contact person in
case of an emergency? Hence this "ICE" (In Case of Emergency)
campaign.  The concept of "ICE" is catching on quickly.  It is a
method of contact during emergency situations.

   As cell phones are carried by the majority of the population, all
you need to do is store the number of a contact person or persons who
should be contacted during emergency under the name "ICE" ( In Case
of Emergency).

   The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went
to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with
patients, but they didn't know which number to call.  He therefore
thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally
recognized name for this purpose. In an emergency situation,
Emergency Service personnel and hospital Staff would be able to
quickly contact the right person by simply dialing the number you
have stored as "ICE."

   For more than one contact name, simply enter ICE1, ICE2, ICE3,
etc.  A great idea that will make a difference!  Let's spread the
concept of ICE by storing an ICE number in our Mobile phones now!

   Please forward this. It won't take too many "forwards" before
everybody will know about this.  It really could save your life, or
put a loved one's mind at rest.  ICE will speak for you when you are
not able to.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO