Back up in Kirksville, I birded Union Ridge CA in Adair/Sullivan
counties in north central Missouri this morning from about 9 AM to 12
PM.  The highlight was an apparent juvenile MARSH WREN hanging out at
the north end of the marsh. This is within the MDC's safe dates for
breeding MAWR's (5/25 to 8/25). I would not have thought that there was
enough quality marsh there to support breeding MAWR's since it's only
about 40-50 acres and much of that is open water.  Sometimes it's nice
to be mistaken!

There were also good numbers of Sedge Wrens chattering in the grassier
areas.  An Olive-sided Flycatcher was perched over the parking lot near
the marsh when I came back to the car. There was also an Alder/Willow
type Flycatcher nearby... silent of course. Conspicuously absent were
the Henslow's Sparrows I was expecting to find in the savanna areas
near highway D at the entrance to the area.  Last year about this time
I easily found 5 or 6 juveniles, this time all I found was Field
Sparrows.

Full list is on CACHE.

Phil Wire
Kirksville, Adair Co.