On my morning jog yesterday, I had the neighborhood peewee calling in the
vicinity of Lindeman and Greening--I know Margy said it was still here but I
hadn't heard it in a while.  Also had a great crested flycatcher calling in
the vicinity of Brent and Monroe, a MS kite flying low and being harassed by
crows and blue jays in the vicinity of Peeke and Harrison, and later another
one, perhaps the same one, soaring and vocalizing near Ballas and Brookcreek.

My records show that the juvenile swallow-tailed kite showed up at Mt. Doom
(Weldon Spring Site Interpretive Center) about this time last year.  I saw it
on August 12, but I know it was there for a week or more before that.  Any
speculation that it will return?  That was also the last day I saw the
painted bunting.  I haven't been out that way this year.

Tom