My entire family made the sojourn for the stork on Thursday morning and were
rewarded with good scope views of the stork perched in a deadish tree just
left of the main dead tree. Main dead tree location described in previous
emails...

My point for sending this note was to tell you that water was being drained
from the pool on the right side of the road into the pool on the left side
of the road where the stork has been observed. This I think is good news...
I say this because as I watch the water run through the culvert and across a
section of rip rap (large rocks), FISH large and small were flopping and
jumping out of the water in the rapids...

These same fish would be replentishing the food supply of the pool in which
the stork tends to feed!!! This might keep the stork around longer for more
folks to see it!

Additionally, there were large numbers of shorebirds present on the right
side of the road (pool being drained). Didn't take any time to look due to
angle of sun (BAD BAD BAD for viewing in that pool after noon and kiddos
were getting a bit hyper... Couldn't blame them, strapped into car seats for
4.5 hours (with a stop for breakfast and restrooms...) who wouldn't be going
bit loopy!

Later,

Patrick

:ASM::::ASM::::ASM::::ASM::::ASM::::ASM:
* Patrick Harrison                     *
* Shelbyville, Shelby County, Missouri *
* [log in to unmask]                 A
* [log in to unmask]         S
* [log in to unmask]                M
* http://mobirds.org <http://mobirds.org/>                    *