Humankind cannot bear very much reality.
cf "Murder" and 4Q
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Gunnar Jauch
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2007 3:04 AM
Subject: Re: Fearing death by water

Am 09.08.2007 um 00:37 schrieb Rickard A. Parker:

Gunnar Jauch wrote:

Rick,
did you consider the last line of Prufrock:
"Till human voices wake us, and we drown."
They seem to imply redemption by  seaweed wreathed sea-girls as well
as fear.

Yes, I did.  I see the fear there being of the human voices and I
would recite the line with "and we drown" just in a manner-of-fact tone.

Regards,
    Rick Parker

True.
To me, however,  that fear consisted in the dread of waking up from a dream, a dream we call life, being cast back into reality and drowning.

In a Wonderland they lie,
Dreaming as the days go by,
Dreaming as the summers die:

Ever drifting down the stream --
Lingering in the golden dream --
Life, what is it but a dream?

B.t.w.: Did you know that the first letters of the last 21 lines of "Through the Looking Glass", nympholeptic paedophiliac  Charles Dodgeson's masterpiece, spell out "ALICE PLEASANCE LIDDELL"?

Gunnar

Checked by AVG Free Edition.