Diana, everyone here carries about bottled water, poets and non-poets alike.

-----Original Message-----
From: Diana Manister <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 10:47 am
Subject: Re: Water in TWL

Kate, I'm guessing that none many of the people you mention were writing poems. Diana

If you look around at the people walking, driving their cars, in the shops, you will notice that many of them carry bottles of water.  What is ths obsession with water?  The ocean is not far away and the Bay is right there and canals filled with water dot the landscape.  Water surrounds these people.  It is everywhere, and yet, they still carry around their little bottles of water.  I wonder why?
To drink.  It's a Florida summer, with temps in the 90's and the humidity soaring.
Indeed, sometimes water is just water.
Diana Manister wrote:

> Marcia and Nancy: I'm so bad at arithmetic I never should have
> suggesting summing up anything. I meant to question whether Eliot
> shifts the meaning of water in a deliberate attempt to draw attention
> to semantic indeterminacy or whether water stands for other things in
> consistently symbolic renderings.
To **sum** up the responses to your questions Diana:
    Sometimes water is just water
   :-)
Regards,

> Marcia and Nancy: I'm so bad at arithmetic I never should have
> suggesting summing up anything. I meant to question whether Eliot
> shifts the meaning of water in a deliberate attempt to draw attention
> to semantic indeterminacy or whether water stands for other things in
> consistently symbolic renderings.
To **sum** up the responses to your questions Diana:
    Sometimes water is just water
   :-)
Regards,
   Rick Parker

AOL now offers free email to everyone.  Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.

Now you can see trouble…before he arrives