It's that time again; another year has elapsed and we are nearing the  end of
summer and the Red Sox are in first place and heading for the  playoffs.  The
TSE List Members sigh and think, Oh, God, are we going to  subjected once
again to a month of reports on the status of this  baseball team when we could
care less. Even the members from Massachusetts  and greater New England sigh,
though, of course, they are  already resigned, for they know many like me.  Yet,
there is poetry is  baseball.  It is, in fact, mystical.  It is a Field of
Dreams. It is  Fenway Park.

It is the Inquisition,  the
Revolution
It is beauty itself
that  lives
day by day in them
idly  —
This is
the power of  their faces
It is summer, it is the  solstice
the crowd is
cheering, the crowd is  laughing
in detail
permanently,  seriously
without thought

-from The Crowd at the Ballgame by William  Carlos Williams