I wish to compliment you, Gunnar, for this cute little insight --
that's it !

CR

Gunnar Jauch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Am 09.08.2007 um 00:37 schrieb Rickard A. Parker:

Gunnar Jauch wrote:

Rick,
did you consider the last line of Prufrock:
"Till human voices wake us, and we drown."
They seem to imply redemption by  seaweed wreathed sea-girls as well
as fear.

Yes, I did.  I see the fear there being of the human voices and I
would recite the line with "and we drown" just in a manner-of-fact tone.

Regards,
    Rick Parker

True.
//To me, however,  that fear consisted in the dread of waking up from a dream, a dream we call life, being cast back into reality and drowning.

In a Wonderland they lie,
Dreaming as the days go by,
Dreaming as the summers die:

Ever drifting down the stream --
Lingering in the golden dream --
Life, what is it but a dream? //

B.t.w.: Did you know that the first letters of the last 21 lines of "Through the Looking Glass", nympholeptic paedophiliac  Charles Dodgeson's masterpiece, spell out "ALICE PLEASANCE LIDDELL"?

Gunnar

Building a website is a piece of cake.

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.