I wish to compliment you, Gunnar, for this cute little insight --
  that's it !

  CR

Gunnar Jauch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

    Am 09.08.2007 um 00:37 schrieb Rickard A. Parker:

    Gunnar Jauch wrote:

  Rick,
  did you consider the last line of Prufrock:
  "Till human voices wake us, and we drown."
  They seem to imply redemption by  seaweed wreathed sea-girls as well
  as fear.

  Yes, I did.  I see the fear there being of the human voices and I
  would recite the line with "and we drown" just in a manner-of-fact tone.

  Regards,
      Rick Parker

  True.
  //To me, however,  that fear consisted in the dread of waking up from a dream, a dream we call life, being cast back into reality and drowning.

  In a Wonderland they lie,
  Dreaming as the days go by,
  Dreaming as the summers die:

  Ever drifting down the stream --
  Lingering in the golden dream --
  Life, what is it but a dream? //

  B.t.w.: Did you know that the first letters of the last 21 lines of "Through the Looking Glass", nympholeptic paedophiliac  Charles Dodgeson's masterpiece, spell out "ALICE PLEASANCE LIDDELL"?

  Gunnar

Building a website is a piece of cake.

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.