Dear Listers,

I love to share with you a poem by William Carlos Williams
-- to me a symbolic representation of The Bhagavad Gita's notion
of detachment, of detached action, and of the state of bliss
at "the still point of the turning world" (as Eliot put it).

Enjoy!

CR

-----

The inner freedom from the practical desire,
The release from action and suffering, release from the inner
And the outer compulsion, yet surrounded
By a grace of sense, a white light still and moving...

                                       ~ T.S. Eliot, 'Four Quartets'

THE BULL

It is in captivity --
ringed, haltered, chained