I don't think so either, but early Levertov would not suggest what she
turned to in later work.  She was a war-protester and poet who embodied
many 60s ideals and became Catholic largely because of her admiration
for the liberal Catholic tradition of Dorothy Day and Liberation
Theology.

I interviewed her about the relation of Catholicism and feminism, if you
are interested in her view on it.  It's in Jewel Brooker's anthology of
interviews:  CONVERSATIONS WITH DENISE LEVERTOV (Jackson:  Mississippi
University Press, 1998).
Cheers,
Nancy

>>> Marcia Karp <[log in to unmask]> 08/11/07 11:09 AM >>>
The wonderful Doris Lessing wrote The Golden Notebook.  I don't
remember the details, but all I've read of Lessing would make me doubt
she writes from a Catholic perspective or with Catholic symbols
anywhere.

Best,
Marcia