Am 09.08.2007 um 00:37 schrieb Rickard A. Parker:

> Gunnar Jauch wrote:
>>
>> Rick,
>> did you consider the last line of Prufrock:
>> "Till human voices wake us, and we drown."
>> They seem to imply redemption by  seaweed wreathed sea-girls as well
>> as fear.
>
> Yes, I did.  I see the fear there being of the human voices and I
> would recite the line with "and we drown" just in a manner-of-fact
> tone.
>
> Regards,
>     Rick Parker

True.
To me, however,  that fear consisted in the dread of waking up from a
dream, a dream we call life, being cast back into reality and drowning.

In a Wonderland they lie,
Dreaming as the days go by,
Dreaming as the summers die:

Ever drifting down the stream --
Lingering in the golden dream --
Life, what is it but a dream?

B.t.w.: Did you know that the first letters of the last 21 lines of
"Through the Looking Glass", nympholeptic paedophiliac  Charles
Dodgeson's masterpiece, spell out "ALICE PLEASANCE LIDDELL"?

Gunnar