Nancy,
     The paper linked below presents an  interesting discussion of King
Lear's transformative journey relative  to T.S. Eliot's from the Eliot of TWL to
the Eliot of the 4Q. I think it's worth  a print-out and a read. I like the
optimistic perspective.

_Spies of  God: King Lear and the Christian Mystics_
(http://www.mobap.edu/academics/fl/journal/3.2/jacobs.asp)  <<Click here

OR copy and paste web address below:

_http://www.mobap.edu/academics/fl/journal/3.2/jacobs.asp_
(http://www.mobap.edu/academics/fl/journal/3.2/jacobs.asp)

Regards,
Barnwell

In a message dated 8/1/2007 7:59:00 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,