Diana,

Somewhere in this long thread I believe you asked something like "Why
fear death by water?"  I've come up with something that may serve as
an answer but I can't say I'm really happy about it:  The Fisher
King's lands are sterile and if water came and brought relief to the
lands (and maybe the Fisher King) then the Fisher King would be
revived physically by the water but he would miss his spiritual
healing and would not truly be reborn.

I'm dissatified with this answer, not because it is such a bad or
forced thought, as with the belief that it doesn't seem to fit in the
Sosostris section well without enough other support for the idea by
Eliot.

Regards,
   Rick Parker