Dear Kate Troy, I'm struck by your reading of this poem?--

I'd explore the aspect of "sexuality" in William Carlos?Williams.?

I'm impressed by your?profound comment on 'Field of Dreams' :

?

"Costener begins to apologize but the doctor stops him,

saying that the minute at bat he was granted was sufficient,

that if he had only had a minute at being a doctor, then that

would have been a tragedy."

?

Wow!

I have explored the aspect of sexuality in Carlos Williams, not personally, of course, but intellectually.
As for my comment on Field of dreams, the?segment from the the movie that I?relsted?was not mean tto be profoud.? Rather, it was rather to illustrate Williams'?outlook?on being a physician.

Regards,

Kate

A?lively response, indeed. Thank you, all.

?

Dear Kate Troy, I'm struck by your reading of this poem?--

I'd explore the aspect of "sexuality" in William Carlos?Williams.?

I'm impressed by your?profound comment on 'Field of Dreams' :

?

"Costener begins to apologize but the doctor stops him,

saying that the minute at bat he was granted was sufficient,

that if he had only had a minute at being a doctor, then that

would have been a tragedy."

?

Wow!

?

And this to Nancy Gish: a?poem is?there?for?a reader to read?

and share?their response with other readers -- there were many a

student/teacher?who?reciprocated my reading of it?-- that was

in a university in India many years ago -- and I'm sure

there will be many?elsewhere who will partake of my reading,

irrespective of what William Carlos?Williams thought of his poetry.

As WH Auden?said?(In Memory of WB Yeats) :?

?

Now he is scattered among a hundred cities
And wholly given over to unfamiliar affections,
To find his happiness in another kind of wood
And be punished under a foreign code of conscience.
The words of a dead man
Are modified in the guts of the living.

?

And this to Carrol : it's a compliment to a poem's versatility

(of meaning)?if it?evokes different?things?in different readers,

and seems conformist to some, non-conformist to others.

?

And thanks, dear Gunnar, for sharing your excitement.

'The Bull' became an instant?hit with me too.

?

And not?least, thanks a lot, Ken, for your cogent remark,

"what an author thinks he or she is doing may or may not be

on the mark".

?

Cheers!

?