In a message dated 8/29/2007 2:53:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

his  substance hard
as ivory or glass --
through which the  wind
yet plays --
milkless

he  nods
the hair between his horns
and eyes matted
with hyacinthine curls

~ William  Carlos Williams

Carlos is always so sexual.   I forget now the person he  said this to, but
to paraphrase, he said that he felt sexual all of the  time.

"When I first heard him, I thought it was plain speech, " Allen  Ginsberg
remarked on William Carlos Williams. "I asked him, do you see your self  as a
doctor or poet? He said doctor." Then, "I saw him read in New York City"

which brings us to the movie, Field of Dreams.  There was the  character in
the movie of an old doctor, an old doctor who as  a young man played baseball,
went as far as the miner leagues, and was  brought up to the majors one time
for the last game of the year.  He has  one chance and he blew it.   He was
sent back down to the miners  and then quit baseball altogether and went on to
medical school to become a  doctor.  Of course, in the movie, he gets to become
young again and to play  baseball in the field of dreams with Shoeless Joe and
some other great  players. He gets his chance at bat, but a young girl
watching begins to  choke and he has to leave the field and become the old doctor
again to  save Kevin Costner's daughter and once one leaves the field, one
can't go back. Costener begins to apologize but the doctor stops him,  saying that
the minute at bat he was granted was sufficient, that if he had only  had a
minute at being a doctor, then that would have been a tragedy.