I took the dog out for a look around TRW this morning. Kind of hard to think of it as a wetland since it mostly all dry again. Strange year as it was very dry early, then the big flood in May, and now only a few small pools with any water at the main part of it. Well, the Sedge Wrens seem to like it as they were singing all around including from the cattails where there should be Marsh Wrens instead if there was more water. The only waterbirds I saw were a few Great Blue Herons. No shorebirds at all. Dicksissels were singing all over and some Eastern Meadowlarks, but the Grasshopper Sparrows left when it flooded and haven't returned. There are no wild sunflowers either this year after so many on the area before. Maybe part of the reason for no Bobolinks either. Some of the other birds I did observe today;

  Black-billed Cuckoo
   Bell's Vireo
  Yellow-breasted Chat
  Northern Mockingbird
  Grey Catbird
  Eastern Kingbird
  Willow Flycatcher
   and about a dozen Purple Martins perched in a dead tree

   Found a Prothonotary Warbler at the North unit last week that was a new species for the area - # 221

  Later, Steve Kinder
  Chillicothe