I am preparing to visit Weldon and? I have a few questions about the
nesting habits of the PABU that I can't find the answers to in books. The
books say the nest is built about 6 feet off the ground in a tree or a
shrub. Now for the questions.

Will they build a nest in the corn fields or the sunflower fields ?

Does the male help with the nest duties, like sitting on the eggs or
watching the eggs while the female leaves to go eat ? Or after they
mate is the male's job done and he leaves.

Does the male bring food back to the female while she is on the nest,
like bluebirds ? Or does the female leave to get her own food ?

If the male has already mated and there is a nest with female and eggs,
will the male actively go out and try to attract another female? Like
turkeys who create harems.

After the eggs hatch will both parents help feed the babies ?

I know its a lot of questions but I am curious and I would like the
information before I go look for them. Thank you very much for your
help.

Dianne Stegler

Wentzville