From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Chokh Raj
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 6:48 AM
Subject: Re: a Jeremiah sighting?

Diana,  I'm sorry to be stating the obvious but one could use "you"
as an impersonal pronoun too as in "You never know."

Please mark the second definition below from Dictionary.com :

1. the pronoun of the second person singular or plural, used of the
   person or persons being addressed, in the nominative or objective
   case: You are the highest bidder. It is you who are to blame. We
   can't help you. This package came for you. Did she give you the book?

2. one; anyone; people in general: a tiny animal you can't even see.

Regards,

CR

[BTW, there was a contingency that made me change my e-mail ID.
 The List will kindly excuse me.]

With regard to "there you feel free," Eliot certainly could have used "we" or "man" as a correct translation of "Mann". His choice of "you" is telling, as are all of his word choices. Diana

Checked by AVG Free Edition.