Then there is the experiment in which a particle arrived at
its destination before it was sent.
P.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Diana Manister
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 7:29 AM
  Subject: Re: Warning//Quantum Mechanics/ /way off topic

  Rick, this is fascinating! Sounds like a way to prove deja vu! Diana

  "Now brace yourself for the backward-causality part: Because Signal B followed a shorter route to its detector, the fiddling in Signal A could theoretically show up in Signal B before Cramer actually fiddles with Signal A. It would be as if Cramer's actions had an effect that worked backward in time."

  It is impossible to travel faster than light, and certainly
  not desirable, as one's hat keeps blowing off.
                                                   Woody Allen

  Forget speeds faster than light.  How about faster than simultaneous?

  "Backward research goes forward"
      http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/07/17/274531.aspx

      University of Washington physicist (and science-fiction author) John
      Cramer is moving forward with his experiment in backward causality,
      thanks in part to tens of thousands of dollars in contributions sent
      in by his fans. Although Cramer emphasizes that his lab is looking at
      'nonlocal quantum communication' rather than backward time travel per
      se, the gadgetry he's assembling could settle a controversy
      surrounding a seemingly faster-than-light effect that Albert Einstein
      thought was downright spooky.

      [
        Read the middle of the article at
          http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/07/17/274531.aspx
      ]

      Cramer, who is the author of two science-fiction novels and a regular
      columnist for Analog magazine, said the experiment represents "a rare
      opportunity to push the envelope of quantum mechanics." No matter how
      it turns out, the results will be put to good use, he said.

      "If this experiment we're doing works, then I will follow up and push
      it as hard as possible. And if it doesn't work, I will write a
      science-fiction novel where it does work," he said. "It's a win-win
      situation."