It reminds one of a story that a comic (was his name Steven Reich?) once made.  He related putting instant coffee in his microwave and almost going back in time.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rickard A. Parker
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 1:25 PM
  Subject: Re: Warning//Quantum Mechanics/ /way off topic

  It is impossible to travel faster than light, and certainly
  not desirable, as one's hat keeps blowing off.
                                                  Woody Allen

  Forget speeds faster than light.  How about faster than simultaneous?

  "Backward research goes forward"
     http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/07/17/274531.aspx

     University of Washington physicist (and science-fiction author) John
     Cramer is moving forward with his experiment in backward causality,
     thanks in part to tens of thousands of dollars in contributions sent
     in by his fans. Although Cramer emphasizes that his lab is looking at
     'nonlocal quantum communication' rather than backward time travel per
     se, the gadgetry he's assembling could settle a controversy
     surrounding a seemingly faster-than-light effect that Albert Einstein
     thought was downright spooky.

     [
       Read the middle of the article at
         http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/07/17/274531.aspx
     ]

     Cramer, who is the author of two science-fiction novels and a regular
     columnist for Analog magazine, said the experiment represents "a rare
     opportunity to push the envelope of quantum mechanics." No matter how
     it turns out, the results will be put to good use, he said.

     "If this experiment we're doing works, then I will follow up and push
     it as hard as possible. And if it doesn't work, I will write a
     science-fiction novel where it does work," he said. "It's a win-win
     situation."