"Rickard A. Parker" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Marie was six months older than Crown Prince Rudolf. In Larisch's
book "My Past" she recounts a trip she took at 14 to visit her aunt,
the empress. She wrote: " The next evening we were invited to a family
dinner,
and there I saw, for the first time since I was quite a tiny
child, my cousin the Crown Prince Rudolph."
And when we were children, staying at the arch-duke's,
My cousin's, he took me out on a sled,
And I was frightened. He said, Marie,
Marie, hold on tight. And down we went.
In the mountains, there you feel free.

Reminds me of the re-union and the quasi-romantic relationship between
Wordsworth and his sister Dorothy. Separated in their childhood, he
and Dorothy were reunited, he aged 24, she 22.

It should be interesting, in this context, to read a review of
The Poetry of Relationship: The Wordsworths and Coleridge
by Richard E. Matlak :

http://www.rc.umd.edu/reviews/back/matlak.html

Regards,

CR