There's a certain sensual innuendo in the experience* shared by
  Marie. And once we recognize it, we'd appreciate the deliberate
  use of the impersonal "you".  It's something one would own and
  yet not own explicitly -- part of decorum/good sense.

  *And when we were children, staying at the arch-duke's,
  My cousin's, he took me out on a sled,
  And I was frightened. He said, Marie,
  Marie, hold on tight. And down we went.
  In the mountains, there you feel free.

  It reminds me of Dans le Restaurant  where the waiter narrates how he,
  when just seven, and a little girl younger to him, took shelter under a
  willow in a downpour.  She was all wet.  It was at that moment that he
  had given her primroses. (cf. 'You gave me Hyacinths first a year ago...')
  While tickling her to make her laugh, he was overpowered by a sudden
  impulse.  It was a moment of power, and of frenzy. (It comes almost as
  a revelation to the narrator that sensual urge burgeons so early : 'Mais
  alors, vieux lubrique, à cet âge...') And while they were cuddling, there
  came a big dog bounding at them. The boy was scared.

  Well, that's how it all begins, in innocence perhaps.  And that could
  just as well be the context of Marie's confession to TSE .

  Cheers!

  CR